Friday, March 18, 2016

Week 6



Enjoy!


Week 6 was a little bit shorter because of Spring Break but we made some interesting developments this week. First, I finished collecting all the data from Day 1 videos, and I plan on analyzing the data for the Non-Divided cages early next week. The data I have taken a look at so far seem to almost mirror the patterns displayed in the Day 2 data, which is a promising sign. 


This week Bret and I completed an ELISA, which is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) a common laboratory technique which is used to measure the concentration of an analyte (usually antibodies or antigens) in solution. While I watched during the plates we ran last week, this week I ran the control plate while Bret ran the Antibody plate, both to good results. 


Lab meeting this week gave Bret and I a new direction to move in with our mice. As our mice have been held for a few months now, without any injury or adverse conditions, we decided to see if there were any other potential advantages or disadvantages in being housed with the enrichment device in place for a longer period of time in divided cages 2, 4 and 6. To do this, we plan on running a Rot-A-Rod test sometime next week. I will keep you posted on the outcomes of Day 1 data and the Rot-A-Rod data next time!


Thanks for reading!

Tasha

No comments:

Post a Comment